Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Broken Beauty

Someone had thrown this beauty to the curb and since I adore dogs and love vintage things, I just couldn't leave him there to be discarded! I am not the most crafty person but my attitiude is, where there is a will, there most defintely is a way! I have to find a way to repair this sweetie, or at least get him up on his feet :-)



I was searching the internet on how to repair a cement statue and came across this wonderful blog, Connecting The Pieces! Her article on this was fantastic! She makes it look so easy! If I cannot do this, maybe my husband can, who is much more artistic than me:-) Even if I could get him to where I could surround him with flowers. Wouldn't that be great??



Also, there is a business in High Point, NC that is on the corner of Hwy 311 and Eastchester that sells stunning cement statues of all kinds!  I am not sure of the name of it, but I wonder if they would be able to fix this for me? Don't you think it is worth it? Do you have any ideas for me?

Look at him, could you deny this face and character? 



4 comments:

  1. Your dog is very cute. What a great find. I can't wait to see him with flowers all around him. That sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His face is fabulous. You definitely should try to fix him. Hopefully all the pieces were there.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dog! He looks like a greyhound? Have you started trying to restore him yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poor pet is worth a better destiny and he is surely happy you found him! Hoping to see the restored version later on...

    ReplyDelete