Thursday, May 19, 2011

Painting With Annie Sloans Chalk Paint

Though I have been painting vintage furniture for a few months, this is my first try with Annie Sloans Chalk Paint.....I first heard about it less than two weeks ago when a women came to the Metrolina Antique and Collectibles Show. The whole time she was in my booth she couldn't stop raving about this fairly new paint, that "everyone" is using. How exciting! I had to try it!! Annie Sloans Chalk Paint is a dream to work with and comes in so many beautiful colors.

I purchased my paint and wax from Tammy Brinkley of Periwinkle Pass in Banner Elk, NC. She is lovely and sometimes brings her Annie Sloans Chalk Paints and Waxes to the Metrolina in Charlotte, once a month. Here is her website: Periwinkle Pass

You don't have to sand or prime before you paint, so it saves you a lot of time. There are extremely low VOC's and it can even be used as a light "wash". Just add water!  You can even use it on masonry, metals, plastic and more! I started out with "Provence" and "Old White". I cannot wait to try the others!

Here is my first project. It is a cute 4 drawer bedside dresser that I picked up while I was in Michigan. So far I really love the way it is turning out. This piece will be sold at the Metrolina next month, along with the other furniture pieces that I have started.


Phase 1 - Cleaning


The painting is done - I can't wait for the finishing touches! 


New Supplies:
Natural bristle brushes for waxing: .99 to 1.99 each
Dust masks for sanding


A round Pouncer brush from Lowes by Signature - For applying tinted wax. $6.84


Sandblaster sanding sponge 180 Grit



 This dresser should be finished soon! Can't wait to see how it turns out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment