Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How to Tie and Wear A Vintage Scarf

I absolutely adore vintage scarves. I like them from any era and in any fabric from crepe silk, to sheer textured nylon from the 1960's. The nice thing about vintage scarves is that there is no size to worry about, one size fits everybody. Just find the colors and prints that you like. They are fun to wear in so many different ways and they brighten any outfit. They are a piece of afforable costume jewelry. They tell a story. Sometime it's nice to get some inspiration and I hope this blog will make you excited about finding, and wearing, your next vintage scarf.

While I was rummaging through a box of vintage scarves at an estate sale last weekend, I found this vintage pamplet at the bottom. I love to find this kind of item! It was printed by Glentex but it has no date stamp. I believe it is probably from the early 1950's How fun!

If you try one of these ideas for your vintage scarf, I would love to hear about how it turned out. My favorite idea from this brochure is the scarf tied as a hat with a bracelet! 
The brochure by Glentex is called, "Scarf Tie-Ways By Glentex". Such a great resource!












2 comments:

  1. What a fun find! Your finding this reminds me of the time I found an original fashion show schedule inside of one of my vintage knitting books.

    My favorite idea from this booklet is the dickey. Completely unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, your blog is great! Your photos are really good - no need for a new camera.

    It was great seeing you today.

    ReplyDelete